What must I have with me when driving in Spain?
While driving in Spain, you are required by law to carry the following items. You can be fined for not having them.
- Reflective jackets (although not compulsory to carry, you could be fined for walking on the road or hard shoulder if not wearing one)
- Warning triangle (compulsory in every vehicle with four wheels or more) (Residents must carry 2)
- Headlamp beam deflectors (Depending on your car, you will either need deflector stickers or have to adjust the beam manually)
- Motorcyclists: Crash helmets are compulsory for riders of mopeds, motorcycles, trikes and quads, unless these are equipped with seat belts. Motorcycles on the road must have their lights on at all times
- Nationality Sticker or Euro plates
Lights (it is no longer mandatory for vehicles to carry a set of spare bulbs and the tools to fit them).